Doing Magic: the Telepathic Processor
f***@beethoven.com
2005-05-12 14:55:22 UTC
[This is a chapter of the Possibility of Telepathy thread]
Now, how can we make magic happen with telepathy? Is it possible? For
many people the answer is yes, if it is done by others and they
*believe*. A magical world, created by others... The key is to actually
*believe* what you hear in your head and to understand that telepathy
is not only verbal, but can assume other forms. Those who are actively
using telepathy are the "processor" behind the "magic" we would observe
in our lives... if we believe.

An example will make it clearer. You hear a voice telling you today is
your lucky day. Maybe you don't really hear, you just intuit it, you
*know* that luck will come if... (put here any condition you want and
are willing to believe). So you believe and do what the voice tells
you, you fulfill the condition, say, you wear old tennis shoes with a
suit. And someplace else somebody is "informed" that she (very likely
you'll consider it lucky to find a she or a he if you are a she) will
find true love (or something else) with the man wearing tennis shoes!
And that's it! Once both of them meet, the magic is done, both will
experience a "magical" moment, fulfilled condition which bring about
their desires (or at least something rewarding).

Once this principle is understood it is easy to understand that it is
only a matter of finding adequate conditions, general conditions, basic
information about people (like places, names, times, dates) and then
make them match. Though at this moment I won't attempt it, a whole
language can be devised, very akin to a programming language, with
determinate semantics and commands and conditions and conditionals and
syntaxis and... Just to make clear the possibilities, think of what you
can do, being a processor, having the ability to broadcast a message
(to all people), receive the answer to a question from a particular
individual, *see* from the eyes of somebody else (remote vision), make
somebody *see* what you want (a hallucination), make somebody go this
or that place, make somebody *feel* something in his or her body
(another mapping common to all human beings that can be interpreted
even unconsciously by our brain) at a particular moment, making
somebody *say* what you want at a aprticular moment (interfere with
language processing activity in the brain), etc. Can you understand the
possibilities and the dangers? Like a video game... a role playing
game... only with real people, real avatars, PCs, NPCs, etc. A magical
world, though actually very real, if we believe what we hear, and even
if we don't, if we cannot hear what 's going on in our own brain!
Imagine what would happen if this power falls in the minds of the wrong
people... Scary, really scary.

So, should we believe or not? Probably not, would be safer, unless we
have plenty of confidence that the people behind the processor actually
have good intentions. But who wants to be a character in a story were
your failure or success depends on the whims and motivations and
interests of others?

As far as I know, this is happening in this very moment...

Fabrizio J Bonsignore, now Danilo J Bonsignore
f***@beethoven.com
2005-05-13 12:39:40 UTC
As a note, I want to emphasize here that, unless the powers that be
begin modifying financial data in a gross way, telepathy and all its
implications can be proven through econometrics to the satisfaction of
all people implied, even if the fact should be obvious given the
information theory argument advanced in the other thread.

f***@beethoven.com
2005-05-28 22:10:57 UTC
[one post deleted here...]
Imagine the next scenario: you hear a voice, a single word. It is
repeated so often, so some day you repeat out loud. The voice was a
broadcasting to people with certain characteristics and your brain
reacted when it recognized the thought; when you repeat the word you
let yourself be tuned by a telepath, a psychic. Now the telepath is
tuned to you, you can receive his words and he can hear part of what
you say, but also he can use remote vision and if conditions are right
he will get a good idea of what you see, even if not of yourself...

f***@beethoven.com
2005-06-12 23:44:32 UTC
Post by f***@beethoven.com
[...]
It should be easy to see that duplex telepaths can be used as avatars
this way as long as they believe in the processor! They can be
manipulated, but also manipulate others through what the others hear.
And the important point to understand here is that telepathy is a
natural function of the working of the brain, of the fields generated
by the electric and electronic and even quantic activity in it, in all
its subtlety (even a few ions being affected may be enough for a neuron
to trigger or not [don't confuse with field theory of algebra, it is
mechanical statistics what handles magnetization phenomena, though at
this point in its development it relies on averages and perhaps only
analogic emulations will be able to help us understand all its
complexity, an idea that some might try to discredit without
understanding the full implications of such technology]). So even non
telepaths will fall under the influence of a strong signal, which
explains the way broadcasts are made, as the brains, consciously and
unconsciously will match the patterns of the signals with that which
interests the owner of that brain....

Fabrizio J Bonsgnore now Danilo J Bonsignore
f***@beethoven.com
2005-06-14 16:37:17 UTC
It should be easy to see that duplex telepaths can be used as AVATARS
this way as long as they believe in the processor! They can be
manipulated, but also manipulate others through what the others hear.

An avatar would be then a FULL BELIEVER. Believer in the voices they
[...]

...but if the receiving telepath is a FULL BELIEVER, they can force him
to do whatever the emitting telepath wants! From becoming a serial
killer to be there to pull the button that will make the other believer
do...

So, in a sense, it is like a game, a game where combintaions are done
with people believing in the voices.

Fabrizio J Bonsignore now Danilo Jose Bonsignore
f***@beethoven.com
2005-06-14 22:48:18 UTC
With a fully working generator, that is, with a groupf
telepaths/psychics fully dedicated to manipulte the lives of humans and
make combinations, mass suggestions, avatars, particular moves, etc. it
should be very easy to understand th concepts of good and bad luck! You
feel you havebad luck? Some telepath just because turned you into
something disagreeable, something to be avoided and may even be
dedicated to make your life miserable! God luck? The contrary effect. A
mass broadcasting saying: "People called Danilo are great company",
would make you instantly popular the moment you say your name! Though,
of course, should this processor(s) be available, would be in the hands
of the Army and the Church and ceratin agencies of tthe government,
behind all possibility to know it! In other words, democracy is not
really possible, elections can be manipulated secretly and free market
and all the benefits of evolution through descentralized
autoorganizative systems would be wasted! While people close to this
mafia would have all advantages...

this processor should be completely exposed and known openly and not
through schizophrenics, individual experiences or psychoana;yzed
psychiatrists. That way the full benefits would be in our hands and not
in the hands of particular interests...

What if a perturbed country with such a processor begins messing with
the affairs and citizens of another country just because they dislike
aprticular individual or group? Eventually, they would end up
triggering a war...

Fabrizio J Bonsignore now Danilo Jose Bonsignore