needed: borrowing coin-op gumball/candy machine
Chris McCraw
2003-12-04 03:47:33 UTC
hi folks,

i have a slightly bizarre, urgent holiday request. does anyone
have a gumball or candy machine (the type you turn a crank to
release product from--coin operated or free is fine) that they
aren't currently using, that they could lend me for approximately
three weeks starting this weekend (6-7dec)?

preferably it'd be one that has an included stand and it is
required that it have a transparent "dome" wherein the
product is stored so that potential users can see the
product. color, style, etc, are unimportant, but i must
be able to cover up or remove any labels so that it looks
generic (rather than saying eg "Gumballs" or "HOMIES 75c!").

i'd be willing to put down a deposit to ensure you got your
machine back in good condition or were able to replace it if
not, and can pick up and drop off at your convenience in the
greater austin area.

this is for a non-profit practical joke display, in the holiday
spirit (not sacreligiously; i will be happy to explain in more
detail in private email if you are curious).

if you happen to know where i could rent or borrow such
a machine cheaply for the short term such information would
be gladly accepted.

it seems to me that replies to the request, unless of an
informational and general nature, are not on topic for the
forums that i am querying, so perhaps direct email replies
would make more sense. i will poll the newsgroups and
of course accept email responses to this address, so use
your best judgment in replying.

thanks much for your attention.
--
Television is a medium. Proof:
1) it is not rare.
Q.E.D. --***@eecs.nwu.edu 6/25/1996
Dusty Rhodes
2003-12-04 20:43:26 UTC
Post by Chris McCraw
hi folks,
i have a slightly bizarre, urgent holiday request. does anyone
have a gumball or candy machine (the type you turn a crank to
release product from--coin operated or free is fine) that they
aren't currently using, that they could lend me for approximately
three weeks starting this weekend (6-7dec)?
And you can't rent it because...?

Try an amusement company and/or a party rental company.

Cheers,

Dusty
Chris McCraw
2003-12-04 22:42:41 UTC
Post by Dusty Rhodes
Post by Chris McCraw
hi folks,
i have a slightly bizarre, urgent holiday request. does anyone
have a gumball or candy machine (the type you turn a crank to
release product from--coin operated or free is fine) that they
aren't currently using, that they could lend me for approximately
three weeks starting this weekend (6-7dec)?
And you can't rent it because...?
because i am doing something in community spirit, not making any money,
(i didn't mention, but it will not be vending any actual product--it is
a show piece), i'm broke, and need it for far less time than the typical
rental agency will rent one for (i checked first, thanks very much).
thanks for nothing.
Dusty Rhodes
2003-12-04 23:04:51 UTC
Post by Chris McCraw
Post by Dusty Rhodes
Post by Chris McCraw
hi folks,
i have a slightly bizarre, urgent holiday request. does anyone
have a gumball or candy machine (the type you turn a crank to
release product from--coin operated or free is fine) that they
aren't currently using, that they could lend me for approximately
three weeks starting this weekend (6-7dec)?
And you can't rent it because...?
because i am doing something in community spirit, not making any
money, (i didn't mention, but it will not be vending any actual
product--it is
a show piece), i'm broke, and need it for far less time than the
typical rental agency will rent one for (i checked first, thanks very
much).
Um, you can rent them BY THE DAY. That too long for you, is it?

Cheers,

Dusty