Touchscreen Voting CEO Committed to Delivering Election to Bush!! You Better Read this!
All_Seeing_Eye
2003-09-04 18:39:33 UTC
Election Rigging is now in the hands of the Ohio GOP!

http://www.blackboxvoting.com/

I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President
next year."
- Wally O'Dell, CEO Diebold

Bald-Faced Lies About Black Box Voting Machines
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0307/S00078.htm
All_Seeing_Eye
2003-09-04 22:07:15 UTC
Funny how the conservative readers don't want to comment on this critical
issue.

Subject: Touchscreen Voting CEO Committed to Delivering Election to Bush!!
You Better Read this!
God Bless Texas
2003-09-05 15:47:09 UTC
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
next year."
- Wally O'Dell, CEO Diebold
Bald-Faced Lies About Black Box Voting Machines
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0307/S00078.htm
<response trimmed to a few relevant groups>

OK, a few points:

1. O'Dell is a well-known Republican. Most CEOs are, oddly enough.
2. The quote above is taken from a fund-raising letter he sent to fellow
Republicans in Ohio, and had nothing to do with his company's equipment,
hardware, or software.
3. Diebold's equipment is used worldwide for a number of high-security
applications. It is quite trusted.
4. The .nz piece is BS - anyone can post a webpage making random claims of
anything. Only fools believe everything they read on the Internet (or in
the newspaper, for that matter).
5. Diebold's voting equipment, in particular, is used in several states,
and has undergone thorough testing by independent organizations.
6. A small number of "revelations" are circulating, purporting to reveal
shortcomings in the Diebold system. These have been investigated by
independent review boards, and found to be without merit.

Now, as a semi-conservative, if you want my comment?

I think it takes an awfully small mind to look up at a molehill and try to
convince everyone else that you're seeing a mountain.
All_Seeing_Eye
2003-09-05 17:06:58 UTC
You are either an ignorant man, or a shameless apologist for blatant
corruption.
Post by God Bless Texas
A small number of "revelations" are circulating, purporting to reveal
shortcomings in the Diebold system. These have been investigated by
independent review boards, and found to be without merit.
That is Total Friggan Spin and distortion!!! The systems used were never
investigated by
any independent group, but by Diebold themselves! and certified secure by
themselves!.
Furthermore, perhaps you are trying to spin the "investigation" by Johns
Hopkins.....where they hired Avi Rubin, the Johns Hopkins University
researcher responsible for the Diebold investigation, who Admitted he serves
on the board of VoteHere, which is run by the following right-wingers! Which
is also a member of the same special interest group lobbying to push
E-voting everywhere.
a.. Chairman of the VoteHere board of directors: Admiral Bill Owens.a member
of the ultra- conservative hawkish Defense Policy Board, also chaired by
Newt Gingrich, Henry Kissinger, Richard Perle, Dan Quayle, James Woolsey
a.. Director of VoteHere: former CIA director, head of the George Bush
School of Business, Robert Gates.

The investigation was a farce! The source code for the machines was Leaked
and spread around the Net.
The point is that most of the e-voting maching companies are not just
Republican controlled, but actually friends and former associates to Bush
people. That doesn't send up a REd Flag for you??? But I guess I must be a
conspiracy nut to point out these facts. Doesn't it make you feel a bit
nervous that 2 former heads of the CIA are running election machine
companies??? Hello?????
...Continue to bury your head in the sand....or read this
http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/northwoods.pdf
God Bless Texas
2003-09-05 18:09:22 UTC
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
You are either an ignorant man, or a shameless apologist for blatant
corruption.
And you are a child. I have hopes you will mature.
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
Post by God Bless Texas
A small number of "revelations" are circulating, purporting to reveal
shortcomings in the Diebold system. These have been investigated by
independent review boards, and found to be without merit.
That is Total Friggan Spin and distortion!!! The systems used were never
investigated by
any independent group, but by Diebold themselves! and certified secure by
themselves!.
Using external security and software contractors; I stand by my assertion.
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
Furthermore, perhaps you are trying to spin the "investigation" by Johns
Hopkins.....where they hired Avi Rubin, the Johns Hopkins University
researcher responsible for the Diebold investigation, who Admitted he serves
on the board of VoteHere, which is run by the following right-wingers! Which
is also a member of the same special interest group lobbying to push
E-voting everywhere.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about the Diebold voting machines, not a
secret cabal plotting to take over Western civilization. My bad.
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
a.. Chairman of the VoteHere board of directors: Admiral Bill Owens.a member
of the ultra- conservative hawkish Defense Policy Board, also chaired by
Newt Gingrich, Henry Kissinger, Richard Perle, Dan Quayle, James Woolsey
a.. Director of VoteHere: former CIA director, head of the George Bush
School of Business, Robert Gates.
The investigation was a farce! The source code for the machines was Leaked
and spread around the Net.
An early version of the code was left unsecured, and was downloaded and
reviewed. By making some relatively unlikely assumptions regarding the
intended configuration of the system, the Johns Hopkins panel was able to
assert insecurity. If some more realistic assumptions are used, the
likelihood of tampering is very low.
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
The point is that most of the e-voting maching companies are not just
Republican controlled, but actually friends and former associates to Bush
people. That doesn't send up a REd Flag for you??? But I guess I must be a
conspiracy nut to point out these facts. Doesn't it make you feel a bit
nervous that 2 former heads of the CIA are running election machine
companies??? Hello?????
Does it bother you that most CEOs are Republicans? Would you feel much
better if successful companies were forced to appoint Democrats to their top
positions?

Would you prefer a president who had no connections to society or industry?
Would you prefer the voting machines be developed by a company *not* run by
a Republican?

And yes, I think anyone who gets their news from infowars, conspiracyplanet,
Alex Jones, or any other group of nut cases like that is a conspiracy nut.
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
...Continue to bury your head in the sand....or read this
http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/northwoods.pdf
Continue to believe anything you want, don't expect anyone rational to agree
with you.

Diebold is a 150+ year old company with a sterling reputation in security
services and products. They have been in business since long before G. H.
W. and G. W. Bush were alive, and will continue long after they are dead.
And in my opinion, anyone who thinks a company like that would risk their
reputation and livelihood simply to help a sitting president win an election
is overreacting.
All_Seeing_Eye
2003-09-05 21:35:32 UTC
LOL!
nice try, but you seemed to have ignored to fact that the Johns Hopkins
panel was headed by Avi Rubin, chairman of VoteHere, and has heavy ties to
the aforementioned conservatives, and a member of the same lobby group as
Diebold. I guess you can't comprehend the 'Fix' there, i.e., a very massive
conflict of interest.

Keep up the wonderful propaganda!
Peace.
is overreacting.
Mike Smith
2003-09-05 22:05:50 UTC
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:35:32 GMT, "All_Seeing_Eye"
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
LOL!
nice try, but you seemed to have ignored to fact that the Johns Hopkins
panel was headed by Avi Rubin, chairman of VoteHere, and has heavy ties to
the aforementioned conservatives, and a member of the same lobby group as
Diebold. I guess you can't comprehend the 'Fix' there, i.e., a very massive
conflict of interest.
Keep up the wonderful propaganda!
Peace.
Yea... propaganda.....

You ignorant lying liberals have been attempting to make mountains out
of mole hills for the past 3 years. Your stupid whine about "the fix"
is no different

What a tool.....

Mike Smith
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
is overreacting.
Bill Walker
2003-09-05 22:17:30 UTC
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
LOL!
nice try, but you seemed to have ignored to fact that the Johns Hopkins
panel was headed by Avi Rubin, chairman of VoteHere, and has heavy ties to
the aforementioned conservatives, and a member of the same lobby group as
Diebold. I guess you can't comprehend the 'Fix' there, i.e., a very massive
conflict of interest.
Keep up the wonderful propaganda!
Peace.
Yea... propaganda.....
You ignorant lying liberals have been attempting to make mountains out
of mole hills for the past 3 years. Your stupid whine about "the fix"
is no different
What a tool.....
Mike Smith
Go flush a toilet, Mikey..
Post by Mike Smith
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
on the board of VoteHere, which is run by the following
right-wingers!
Post by Mike Smith
Post by All_Seeing_Eye
Post by God Bless Texas
Which
Post by God Bless Texas
with you.
Diebold is a 150+ year old company with a sterling reputation in security
services and products. They have been in business since long before G. H.
W. and G. W. Bush were alive, and will continue long after they are dead.
And in my opinion, anyone who thinks a company like that would risk their
reputation and livelihood simply to help a sitting president win an
election
Post by God Bless Texas
is overreacting.